Monday 1 February 2016

Double Chocolate Chunk Cookies (Soft & Chewy)

Yum



Do these not look amazing?
Just a few things I want to get out the way before we start talking about cookies:

1.  If you look to the right, you can now follow/add me on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram.

2.  If you click to the right of the blog (screen), you can share my post on any social media account you wish—and please do!

3.  I am now a Yummly Publisher!! If you aren’t familiar with Yummly, it is a recipe database that allows you to browse through thousands of recipes, all catered to your unique tastes (do you want something gluten free? Salty? Sweet? Well Yummly gives you the option to choose). And their best feature is that you can choose recipes based on what ingredients you have/or don’t have.
Check out my Yummly Page and be sure to click on the orange YUM button to like my recipes, and save them to your own Yummly recipe box (it is a bit like a favourites tab, but for recipes)

4. I have about 3 more recipes to share with you all + a Great Expectations discussion. So be patient with me please—plenty of new things coming up J
I could probably eat this whole plate. Totally serious.
OK now back to stuff that actually matters, like these delicious, soft, chewy, rich chocolate cookies.

I made a version of these cookies when I first started up the blog—if I had to compare, not sure which recipe would win. In any case, I made these when I was craving something chocolaty and sweet, and didn't want to slave all night in the kitchen.

This recipe is quite simple, and because I wanted the soft & chewy consistency, they didn't take too long to bake either.


Soft & Chewy Double Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Recipe by joythebaker
Makes 24-26 cookies

Ingredients
1/2 cup (113g) Unsalted Butter, softened
1 cup (200g) Sugar 
1 large Egg
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups (210g) Flour
1/3 cup (35g) Cocoa Powder
1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 to 6 oz dark chocolate chunks
coarse sea salt, for topping (optional)

Method
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/350F and line two baking sheets with wax paper.
2. First cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Then add the egg and vanilla extract, and mix until incorporated.
3. In another bowl sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.  Then add it to your wet mixture. Beat or mix by hand, until just combined. DO NOT OVERMIX
4. Stir in the chocolate chunks. Start scooping dough (I used about 2 tbsp) and placing it on your baking sheets, leaving about 2-inches between each dough ball.
5. Bake for 11 to 12 minutes or until cookies are just done. Try not to overbake them or else they will harden.  Rest on the baking sheet for 5 minutes, and then place them on a wire rack to finish cooling.

And some more pictures..




Half of the cookies didn't even make it to the cookie jar. Can you tell?


Few days later...only 3 left 


Don't forget to SHARE/LIKE/FOLLOW---->

No comments:

Post a Comment