Saturday 11 February 2017

Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies (Soft & Chewy)

Yum
Was in the mood for a perfectly soft and chewy cookie. And since I couldn’t find anything in the shops that tickled my fancy, I decided to bake my own. Went for an oatmeal cookie this time because I wanted it to be slightly healthy…just kidding!! I just love oatmeal cookies! Obviously all that sugar negates any kind of healthiness. And honestly, if I’m going to bake cookies, and eat them, might as well be the real thing!

Also, if you’re wondering why my setup is different yet again, it’s because I’ve moved back to Durham. So plenty of recipes and pretty photos heading your way!

Soft & Chewy Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies

Recipe by ivforcake

Ingredients
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour, 187.5g
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon 
½ tsp sea salt
1 cup unsalted butter (at room temp), 227g
1 cup light brown sugar (packed), 200g
¼ cup granulated sugar, 50g
2 eggs (at room temp)
2 tsp vanilla
3 cups rolled oats, 270g
2 cups chocolate chips, 350g
1 cup chopped walnuts, 125g

Method
1.In a bowl, sift flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.
2. In another bowl, beat butter and sugars until creamy. Then add eggs one at a time, until fully incorporated. Add vanilla.
3. Add flour mixture, and mix until just combined. Do not overmix!
4. With a spatula, fold in the oats, chocolate chips, and walnuts (if using them).
5. Chill dough in the fridge for an hour (you don’t have to do this step, but it makes the cookies soft and chewy).
6. Preheat oven to 175C/350F and line your baking sheets with parchment.
7. Scoop out your cookies and place them on the baking sheet about 2" apart—about 12 cookies per tray (I used about a tablespoon for each).
8. Bake for 10-13 mins or until edges are lightly browned but centre is still soft and unset. Leave to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes, and then place on cooling wrack to cool completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment