Thursday 19 November 2015

Better than box mix Brownies

Yum
Back to Baking!

I made these last week and they were pretty much eaten in a day. Note to self: always make 2 batches.

Now I know I made brownies before, but I promise these are different. For one, they are not fudgy, and secondly, they are really easy to make. So if you love box brownie mix, then this is the recipe for you (minus all the preservatives).

Brownies

Makes 12-16 depending on how big or how small you cut your pieces

Ingredients
3/4 cup Vegetable Oil http://stats.ziprecipes.net/piwik.php?idsite=1&rec=1
1 1/2 cups Sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
3 eggs
3/4 cup Flour
1/3 cup + 2 1/2 tbsp Cocoa
1/4 tsp + 1/8 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Salt

Method
1. Preheat oven to 175-180C/ 350F and line a 9x9 square baking tin-or grease it.
2. Combine Oil, Sugar and Vanilla Extract and mix with a hand mixer or whisk. Add Eggs continue to mix until well combined.
3. Combine Flour, Cocoa, Baking Powder and Salt in a separate bowl. Then slowly add it to your wet ingredients until well combined.
4. Pour the batter into your pan and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool before cutting. 
Recipe from lifeloveandsugar

I always like my edges to be crispy, so I often leave the brownies in the oven longer than advised




Related Recipes:

12 comments:

  1. What does this mean?

    1/3 cup + 2 1/2 tbsp Cocoa

    1/4 tsp + 1/8 tsp Baking Powder

    Am I adding to the recipe beyond what is there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You add 1/2 cup of Cocoa + 2 1/2 tbsps of Cocoa; same with the baking powder. I apologize if this has caused any confusion.

      Delete
    2. Ellie use 3/4 cup of cocoa for a great choice taste

      Delete
  2. To make this in a 9 ×13 pan would I double the ingredients?

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are amazing!!!! Thank you! I added choc chips into my mix but I didn’t need to. So rich! I loved them! I used a 8 x 8 pan and baked them for 40 mins.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can i replace oil with butter or margarine ??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. Use 2 sticks of butter (1 cup) to replace 3/4 cup of vegetable oil. Much better taste!

      Delete
  5. I only had an 8x8 pan to use but made the following adjustments, which made some truly delicious brownies:

    1 cup (2 sticks) of butter instead of the vegetable oil
    3/4 cup of cocoa for extra chocolate taste
    1/2 tsp of baking powder for extra thickness

    And they took about 45 minutes of baking to be cooked enough including Crispy edges.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Always add Choc chips right before pouring into pan! Good basic brownie

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks soooooo good looks a little more pale than the pictures but it looks really good and I recommend powdered sugar on top and maybe Nutella

    ReplyDelete