Sunday 2 October 2016

Pumpkin Spice Loaf

Yum

I started my blog last year of this month. Can you believe it?! It has been 1 WHOLE YEAR!!! And yet, so much has changed in my life—I moved back to NY from Durham (after living there for 5 years), I finished my PhD, I made many new friends and lost some old friends…but I digress.

I thought it would be fitting to begin this new chapter of my life/and the blog’s second year, with a spin on my very first entry. So, for today’s recipe, as a play on last year’s Pumpkin Pie, I have made a Pumpkin Spice Loaf.   

Hope you enjoy.

Pumpkin Spice Loaf

recipe by thefirstyearblog

Ingredients:
1 ½ cups Flour (187g)
½ tsp Cinnamon
½ tsp Salt
½ tsp Baking Soda
½ tsp Baking Powder
¼ tsp Ground Cloves
¼ tsp Ground Nutmeg
2/3 cup Sugar (133g)
2/3 cup Brown Sugar (133g)
¼ cup Milk
3 Egg Whites
1 cup Canned Pumpkin Puree (8oz)

Method:
1. Preheat oven to 350F/176C and line your loaf pan with wax paper.
2. In a medium bowl, combine and sift the flour, cinnamon, salt, baking soda, baking powder, cloves, and nutmeg.
3. In another bowl, combine the sugar, brown sugar, milk, and egg whites with a spatula or whisk. Add in the canned pumpkin, and mix together well.
4. Fold in the dry ingredients with the pumpkin mixture, taking care not to over stir.
5. Pour the batter into the loaf pan and bake for 55-60 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
6. Allow the bread to cool in the pan for a few minutes; then remove and place on a wire rack to finish cooling.




No comments:

Post a Comment